Skip to main content

About Flora Rose House

Rose-House-Bldgs_3


The fifth and final house in the West Campus House System is named for Flora Rose, who was recruited to Cornell over 100 years ago as a lecturer in nutrition. Rose (1874-1959) worked with Martha Van Rensselaer to establish a department, and later a college of home economics that evolved into today's College of Human Ecology.